Child Protection is a non-profit organisation with headquarter (HQ) located in Sydney and two branch offices located in Melbourne and Brisbane, Australia. Currently, staff exchange data files over Dropbox-style on a daily basis and to manage the payroll for entire organisation through MS Excel files. Which at the end of the fortnight, the managers in charge of payroll from Melbourne and Brisbane would send all payroll related information to HQ’s payroll manager to process. Due to increasing of staff to work from remote and home and larger data and file exchange on a daily basis. Child Protection is seeking for alternative cloud-based solutions for the efficiency in data and files exchange and addresses the lacking payroll system. (This is the case study from previous assignment)
(This is the case study for this assignment) Child Protection board has considered your assessment of the risk management and security issues for the data file exchange and payroll services proposed. They have decided that they need an additional assessment on the technical management and the SLA.
You have been assigned the task of providing Child Protection board with an assessment of the management requirements and the provisions of the SLA for chosen cloud vendors. You are to:
1. Discuss the requirements for remote administration, resource management and SLA management. It may be useful to consider Morad and Dalbhanjan’s operational checklists for Child Protection ‘s data file exchange and payroll services. This section should be no more than two to three pages in length.
2. Discuss briefly how you will consider application resilience, backup and disaster recovery for your chosen provider in relation to data file exchange and payroll services. This section should be no more than two to three pages in length.
3. Use Erl’s SLA guidelines to assess the SLA for your chosen providers. This section should be no more than two to three pages in length.
4. Provide a covering one-page executive summary of these two assessments to the Child Protection board and summarise the major opportunities and risks that have been identified in your assessments
Instruction for question 1
? Read this paper for checklist: Morad, S., & Dalbhanjan, P. (2013). Operational Checklists for AWS. Retrieved from https://s3.amazonaws.com/awsmedia/AWS_Operational_Checklists.pdf
? Child Protection ‘s data file exchange and payroll services à Remote administration + in-text -ref
? Child Protection ‘s data file exchange and payroll services à , resource management + in-text -ref
? Child Protection ‘s data file exchange and payroll services à SLA management + in-text -ref (brief version only the rest push down to question 3)
Instructions for question 2
Please note I haven’t chosen any provider yet but in previous assignment I proposed the following three payroll cloud service providers in Australia: KeyPay, Smart Payroll, Cloud Payroll. They all offer Payroll SaaS. Please choose any of the three cloud providers as the recommended provider for the company.
à to data file exchange and payroll services à application resilience (chosen provider from your assignment 3 tabulation) + in-text ref
à to data file exchange and payroll services à , backup and disaster recovery (chosen provider from your assignment 3 tabulation) + in-text ref
Instruction for question 3
(textbook) Erl, T., Mahmood, Z., and Puttini, R., (2013). Cloud Computing: Concepts, Technology and Architectures. Prentice Hall Inc. à look in to chapter 16 and Appendix E and compare them (some areas/points) to your Chosen payroll and data exchange provider’s SLA. Can be direct quote from provider’s SLA, meaning you can copy some sentences from chosen provider’s SLA with full reference and place them in double quotes “Provider’s SLA here” and then contrast to chapter 16 and Appendix E’s SLA and Risk.
Instruction for Question 4:
According to instruction given, this question needs to cover the following topics:
• Current system- disadvantage of current system- why better solutions- findings- opportunities and risks
• Mention the disadvantage of existing system (payroll and data exchange) à why better and cloud-enable is preferable to overcome the current payroll and data exchange model
• Mention a vendor that you have listed in assignment 3 for your payroll and data exchange to be adopted for Child Protection case. (briefly)
• The cost and opportunity of the proposed payroll system
• Improve existing Child Protection’s products and services à reduce complexity in overall Child Protection payroll model
• How has the proposed payroll platform supports Child Protection case
• To cover security impact on new platform in contrast to existing security
• To brief on data backup and recovery in proposed platform that to ensure the business continuity and disaster recovery
• To mention the major benefits of data exchange from proposed model